The are a few etiquette rules for attending an anniversary party whether these apply will vary depending upon the social circle you or the family who are celebrating come from.
- Formal parties start at the time indicated on the Invitation especially if they are a serviced event e.g. in a restaurant or a reaffirmation service, so ensure you turn up at the stated time.
- If the celebration is an informal event then there is some leniency on the timing however if you turn up extremely late then you may have missed any speeches or presentations that may be planned.
- If you are attending an informal party and plan on taking a bottle understand that this is a gift for the host thus make sure either it is something you know the host likes or something you would like to receive as a gift, not the bottle that was given to you last time you had a party which you hate.
- Open House events are just that, turn up any time between the hours stated but not outside the times.
- Do not take any pets with you to the event unless specifically asked to!
- Anything that requires the use of a mirror (e.g applying make-up) should be carried out in private such as in the toilets.
All the normal etiquette rules for social gatherings also apply although given these are standard then we’re sure you will be aware of them.