The 5th year wedding anniversary is something really big to celebrate. Moreover it marks the first milestone of your marriage, setting you both up for the second half of a decade as husband and wife. What’s more when you’re looking at items to buy for a 5th year anniversary gift then you have lots of choices purely due to the themes that are associated with this particular celebration.
Please see our 5th Anniversary Gifts page for our full range of gift ideas. You can discover last year’s anniversary details here: 4th Anniversary Ideas and next year’s details are here: 6th Anniversary Ideas
Traditional 5th Wedding Anniversary Theme
The traditional theme of the 5th wedding anniversary gift is wood. Given wood is strong, durable and versatile, it is a perfect indicator of your love, which mimics those traits. It could be furniture or a sculpture or something practical. As you know each other’s preferences and what each other would really like to receive as a 5th wedding anniversary present, then you could match something they’d like with the traditional theme.
- Wishing you a Happy Wood Anniversary Greeting Card£3.95
- Chantilly Lace & Wood effect Heart Plaque – Family£6.95
- Wooden Sentiment plaque "You are the…"£9.99
- Beech wood Heart design Rectangular personalised chopping board£15.95
- Personalised Wooden Cheese & Biscuits Board£49.95
- Sketch Heart Wooden spoon£7.95
- Chilli & Bubbles Valentines round cheeseboard with knives£29.95
- Personalised Mother’s Day Rectangle Wooden Chopping Board£15.95
- Beautiful & Unique Wooden Storage Box£33.95
Modern 5th Wedding Anniversary Theme
The modern theme for the 5th year anniversary of your wedding is silverware. As wood is strong and versatile, silver is similar. Silversmiths craft silver in many different ways from kitchenware to jewellery and makes for the ideal gift for your 5th anniversary. There are so many different items that you could buy and it all depends on your preferences. Whether you get something silver to use daily or store it away for special occasions, you’ll never forget the gift. Get something to remind your partner of you while your marriage enters the next chapter.
- Personalised Silver Plated Pink Rose Keyring£12.99
- Impressions Silver plated Double 6″ x 4″ Landscape Photo Frame.£14.95
- Impressions Silver plated Double 6″ x 4″ Photo Frame.£15.95
- Impressions Silver plated Double 5″ x 7″ Landscape Photo Frame.£19.95
- Impressions Silver plated Double 5″ x 7″ Photo Frame.£19.95
- Impressions Silver Fine Edged Frame with Personalised Plaque Mount£19.95 – £27.95
- Impressions Silver Fine Edged Frame with Mount different sizes available.£11.95 – £19.95
- Silver Plated Marriage Certificate Scroll Holder by Shudehill giftware£20.95
- Silver-plated Wedding Anniversary Photo Frame£17.95 – £19.95
5th Wedding Anniversary Flowers Theme
As with all the early wedding anniversary years, there are flowers that are match with the occasion and it’s daisies. Daisies are part of the sunflower family and always bring light, life and happiness to the receiver. As your sweetheart will be overjoyed with having a bunch of daisies, it’s the ideal present to give for your 5th year anniversary.
Gemstone 5th Wedding Anniversary Theme
Every 5th year wedding anniversary has gemstones associated with them, what better way to buy your wife or husband something special. Be it a sculpture or jewellery, or something which connects the gemstones to the day. The gemstones that represent the 5th year anniversary of your wedding include turquoise and sapphire. These are beautiful gemstones that really look special and are fantastic. As gemstones are a symbol of strength and unity, it’s the same with your love for each other, and that’s why they are the perfect 5th wedding anniversary gift.
- Bombay Sapphire Gin with original newspaper from date Gift Set£74.95
- Wishing you a Happy Sapphire Anniversary Greeting Card£3.95
- Sapphire Wedding 45th Anniversary Personalised White Wine£19.95 – £27.95
- Sapphire Wedding 45th Anniversary Personalised Champagne£39.95 – £44.95
- Personalised Sapphire Wedding 45th Anniversary Red Wine£20.95 – £23.95
- Gemstone Key ring Charm£5.99 – £9.95
The 5th year Wedding Anniversary Facts and Figures
On the day of your anniversary you shall be wed for:
- 1,825 days or
- 43,800 hours or
- 2,682,000 minutes
- over 157 million seconds
During this time you would have shared, on average, about 13,700 hours of snuggle time (sleeping!) or about 1 year 7 months; assuming you don’t work together you’ve been apart for over 10,000 hours which is about one year, two months. You would have by now shared about 4,000 meals together which equates to approximately 95 days of continuous eating!.
There are a few reasons to celebrate your 5th wedding anniversary, obviously reaching the first milestone of your big day, but also to look forward to the next five years. You’re halfway to being wed for ten years and that is something really special. As such, you could buy some fantastic gifts to mark this special occasion and have keepsakes that will last a lifetime.
Fifth Year Wedding anniversary Gift Ideas
Personalised Wedding Anniversary Prosecco£24.95 – £29.95 Select options
Our Wedding Day Commemorative Chart£8.95 – £36.95 Select options
Personalised Wedding Anniversary Red Wine£22.95 – £27.95 Select options
Personalised Wedding Anniversary Champagne£39.95 – £44.95 Select options
Original Wedding Day Newspaper in a Presentation Folder£65.95 Add to basket
Wedding Anniversary Personalised White Wine£19.95 – £22.95 Select options
Silver-plated Wedding Anniversary Photo Frame£17.95 – £19.95 Select options
Personalised White Wine with national newspaper from day selected Gift Set£64.95 Add to basket