Now to clear this up straight away when we say cheap anniversary gifts we mean low to no cost gifts not bawdy gifts that you’ll look back at later and wonder what was I thinking.
We know people who spend thousands on their wedding anniversary gifts however it doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg to show that your loved one means the world to you. Here are a few tips for an anniversary gift that will show you care without breaking the bank.
- Everyone knows the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. However avoid the traditional and probably tried heart shaped chocolates; give him heart shaped pizza or heart shaped bacon. Now we are talking.
- Make a playlist/mixtape. It’s very old skool but who doesn’t want to feel like a teenager for a while. Pick your favourite songs (you remember your first dance song right?) or songs with some meaning (e.g. The Power of Love or I Will Always Love You) and let all those memories come flooding back. If you’re stuck for some ideas here’s the top 50 love songs of all times: http://www.billboard.com/articles/list/1538839/top-50-love-songs-of-all-time
- Give him the gift of quality-time. Turn off your phone, step away from your laptop, stop tweeting your BFF, give the dog a bone and cart the kids off to weird Aunt-Julie; just talk to each other for a change. When was the last time either of you did that?
- Make him a trophy or a medal, make it meaningful but don’t expect him to wear it if it has even so much as one heart on it.
- Give him the day off. Check when your anniversary falls on this year and pull a sneaky one by booking him a surprise day off from work then spend the day together. An unexpected lie-in is a feeling that can’t be matched.
- Writing love notes isn’t just reserved for teenagers. Write out all the reasons you like his cute …(insert his best bit here) and hide the notes in obvious and less obvious places.
- Be less romantic – in all seriousness, don’t be too soppy, take the pressure off him and expect nothing. You’ll be surprised by the results.
- Avoid giving him socks. Step away from the socks. This isn’t Christmas. This is sexy-time day. There is nothing sexy about socks. Never, ever.
- Alcohol is always an answer and if you want to put a romantic spin on it- track down a bottle of something from your anniversary year. Although remember get ‘romantic’ drunk rather than ‘you-think-I’m-getting-fat’ drunk to ensure a great time.
- If none of the above reach the spot then fall back to the classic gift ideas; turn up naked with beer. Rarely (if ever) a wrong choice 😉